Care for Laminate
How do I care for Laminate?
Laminate flooring brings the beauty of natural wood floor and the easy maintenance of vinyl flooring together so you can have the style you want and the carefree maintenance you need. When you follow the flooring care and maintenance guide, you can expect years of beauty from your laminate floor.
What To Do:
- Do sweep and vacuum frequently.
- Do dust or wipe with a damp cotton cloth mop.
- Do wipe up spills immediately and mop with an approved household cleaner listed within the care and maintenance instructions.
- Do place protective pads beneath furniture legs, tables and other easily movable furniture to reduce scratches.
What Not To Do:
- Do not flood your floor with water or clean with a steam cleaner.
- Do not use a vacuum with a beater bar head unless the beater bar is switched off.
- Do not wear shoes with spikes or stiletto high heels.
- Do not use any cleaning methods that are not mentioned within the manufacturer label in order to maintain your manufacturer warranty. And the truth is, truly waterproof laminate flooring has less to do with the material of the flooring, but rather the quality of the installation. Be sure to ask what sort of installation guarantees your flooring professional can offer you.