What is The Difference between Laminate Flooring and Vinyl Flooring?
What is Laminate Flooring?
Laminate flooring is a multi-layer synthetic flooring product that is infused together with a lamination process. When it comes to flooring your home, there are a lot to choose from. Laminate flooring is easy to install, resistant to stain and damage, and comes in a variety of colours. Flooring can be a costly expense of interior design. Because laminate is made from resins and combined wood, it is an affordable alternative that looks stylish in any space, home, or business. The use of materials is much cheaper and installing laminate flooring can cost roughly half as much as hardwood installations. Laminate flooring comes in a variety of different patterns, colours, and styles. That means there is a choice to suit any design palette.
Laminate flooring can be a good flooring material for quickly upgrading a floor and it’s a very good choice if you want to do the work yourself. This is one of the easier materials you can use for DIY. Laminate flooring may be exactly the right choice for you if you’re working with a tight budget and you plan on installing the flooring yourself.
Benefits of Laminate Flooring:
– Affordable – Laminate flooring is made mostly from composite wood pressed that is pressed together at very high temperatures. It’s significantly more affordable than natural wood.
– Easy Maintenance – Laminate flooring is simple to keep clean. Marks and spills can easily be wiped away with a soft microfibre cloth or you can either sweep or vacuum away dust and dirt.
– Stunning Appearance – Many laminate floorboards have unique embossing features that perfectly mimic the appearance and texture of natural wood.
– Easy Installation – Laminate flooring features a simple put-together system that is very simple to use. This allows you to do a DIY installation.
What is Vinyl Flooring?
Vinyl flooring comes in large flexible sheets and is completely water-resistant. Vinyl flooring is another good choice especially if you are looking to avoid the higher costing flooring. They come in a range in traditional colours and patterns and replicate many other wood styles like pine or dark oak offering you the authentic look without the authentic price tag. Vinyl flooring is a great choice for high traffic areas like your living room, kitchens and dining areas, and even the kid’s playroom. It is also much quieter than genuine wood, it will not split or splinter and it does not require polishing and can be installed over existing hard floors.
Readily available in sheets, planks, or tiles, vinyl flooring is a popular choice and a great affordable solution if you are looking to have your floor done. It’s a hassle-free option for busy homeowners. Vinyl flooring gives your home that natural look which is highly durable. There is also no need for spending on cleaning products or paying heavy maintenance costs as any disinfectants and other sanitisers or warm water and a mop can be used without the risk of damage.
Benefits of Vinyl Flooring:
– No More Cold Feet – Many kids and their parents run around barefoot, both in summer and winter. This often results in cold feet. Vinyl floors are not only warm to the touch, but it is also a soft and smooth surface to walk on. Perfect for homeowners with kids running around – what kid likes shoes.
– Simple Installation – Thanks to the simple clip-together system installation is a breeze. There is also no need to buy expensive tools, the clip-together system helps you assemble the vinyl planks manually.
– Durable – Vinyl floors are strong and durable. Since the top layer, it is quite pressure-resistant, it is ideal for rooms with heavily used furniture.
You can now determine which one you’d prefer. We at Carpet and Décor can provide you with high-quality premium laminate or vinyl flooring. We would love to work with you. Visit our website for more info!